Thursday, November 15, 2007

No more Diapers!

Okay, well only 1/2 the amount - Harry still wears them, but Annie is done (except at night -- we do enough laundry I don't want to wash sheets every day too, at least not yet). This is a photo of Annie proudly showing off her new underwear that Nanny and Poppy gave to her during their last visit. We had a great time with them. We rented a mini-van (Grady is ready to buy one right away - I'm pusihng for a VW pop-top) and headed up to the McCall area. It was cold and rainy and actually snowed a little, but it was beautiful. We stayed the night in a little rustic cabin. The sleeping situation was a bit tight so no one slept all that well, but that aside it was great. Both the kids did great on the drive and were showered with lots of attention, which of course Annie thrives on. She still really likes to tell you what she "likes" which is everything: even the yellow squash we made her take a bite of. As she was literally gagging it down she was telling us, "I like, gag, squash, gag." We did not make her eat anymore. At night, after stories, when you tuck her in and tell her good night she says, "sleep tight." Its very cute. She also "misses" a lot of people. "I miss poppy" "I miss Omi" "I miss B," but of course she also "misses" mommy while I'm standing next to her. I think she's starting to figure out time -- like when we put away all the Halloween decorations until "next year." And soon it will be "Christmas time" when she gets some new toys (just what she needs). And now she keeps saying "next time" or "next day." And, she still surprises me every now and then by throwing out things that I didn't know she knew - like last night we were coloring and she grabbed a crayon and said "this one peach mommy," and indeed it was - a peach colored crayon. Kids are incredible!

1 comment:

oma & opa said...

What darling pictures. I can't wait to see Harry & Annabel. Harry is growing up so quickly. Already sitting up & eating so many different types of foods.

I hope his new clothes I bought bought for Christmas still fit on the 25th.

Love,

Omi